« PreviousContinue »
Ranke, Leopold von. History of England, principally in the Sixteenth Century. [Translated. Ed. C. W. Boase and G. W. Kitchin.] 6 vols. Oxf. 1875.
Raynal, l'Abbe G. F. Histoire des Etablissmens et du Commerce des Européens dans les deux Indes. Io vols. 8vo; I vol. 4to.
Riley, H. T. Memorials of London and London Life, in the Thirteenth, Fourteenth, and Fifteenth Centuries. 8vo. 1868. Rivero, Ed., and J. Tschudi. Peruvian Antiquities, translated by F. L. Hawks. 1857.
Rule, W. H. History of the Inquisition. 2 vols. 1868.
Rushworth, John. Historical Collections of Private Passages of State, 1618-29. 8 vols. folio. 1721.
Sadler, Sir Ralph, State Papers and Letters of, with a Memoir by Walter Scott. 2 vols. 4to. 1809.
Sagard, G. Le Grand Voyage du Pays des Hurons. 2 vols. 1865. Histoire du Canada. 4 vols.
Savile, Sir H. Rerum Scriptores Anglicarum. Folio. 1596. [Border, 1574].
Schoolcraft, H. R. Notes on the Iroquois, or Contributions to American History. 1849.
Indian Tribes of the United States.
6 vols. royal 4to. 1851-57. Schwegler, Dr. A. History of Philosophy, translated and annotated by J. H. Stirling.
SCOTLAND, HISTORIANS OF. Vols. 1-10:
Vols. 1 and 4. Johannis de Fordun Chronica Gentis Scotorum, ed. W. F. Skene. Vol. 4. Translations by Felix J. H. Skene. 1871-72.
Vols. 2, 3, and 9. The Orygynale Cronykil of Scotland, by Andrew of Wyntoun, ed. David Laing. 3 vols. 1872-79.
Vol. 5. Lives of St. Ninian and St. Kentigern, compiled in the Twelfth Century, edited from the best MSS. by A. P. Forbes, Bishop of Brechin. 1874.
Vol. 6. Life of St. Columba, Founder of Hy, written by Adamnan, 9th Abbot of that Monastery. Ed. W. Reeves, D.D., Rector of Tynan. 1874.
Vols. 7 and 10. Liber Pluscardensis, ed. Felix J. H. Skene. Vols. I and 2.
Vol. 8. A Critical Essay on the Ancient Inhabitants of Scotland, by Thos. Innes. Edited, with memoir, by G. Grub. 1879.
Seebohm, F. Oxford Reformers: Erasmus, Colet, and More. 1869. Seeley, J. R. Historical Lectures and Essays. 1870.
Senecae, M. Annaei. Opera Omnia, ed. F. Haase. 3 vols. in 2. 1852. Sismondi, C. J. Sismonde de. Histoire des Français. 18 vols. in 9. 1847. Smith, P. Ancient History. 3 vols. 1865.
A Collection of Scarce and Valuable Tracts. edition, revised, augmented, and arranged by Walter Scott. 4to. 1809.
SPALDING CLUB PUBLICATIONS. 36 vols. 4to, and 2 vols. folio. 1837-71. + List of Pollable Persons in Aberdeenshire, 1844. 2 vols. 4to.
Gordon, J. History of Scots Affairs, 1637-41, ed. Robertson and Grubb. 3 vols.
Miscellany of the Club, ed. John Stuart.
Gordon's Touns of Aberdeene, ed. Cosmo Innes.
Extracts from the Presbytery Booke of Strathbogie, 1631-54, ed. John Stuart.
Fragment of a Memoir of Field Mareschal Keith, 1714-34, written by himself.
Collections for a History of the Shires of Aberdeen and Banff, ed. Joseph Robertson. 1843-62.
Gordon, P. Short Abridgement of Britane's Distemper, from 1639 to 1649, ed. John Dunn. 1844.
Blakhal, G. Brieffe Narration of the Services done to three noble . Ladayes, 1631-49, ed. John Stuart. Extracts from the Council Register of the Burgh of Aberdeen, 1398-1625, ed. John Stuart. 2 vols. 1844-48. Registrum Episcopatus Aberdonensis, ed. C. Innes. 2 vols. Selections from the Records of the Kirk-Sessions, Presbytery, and Synod of Aberdeen, 1562—1681, ed. John Stuart. 1846. A Genealogical Deduction of the Family of Rose of Kilvarock, ed. Cosmo Innes. 1848.
Spalding, John. Memorialls of the Trubles in Scotland and in England, 1624-45, ed. John Stuart. 2 vols. 1850—51.
Letters Illustrative of Public Affairs in Scotland, addressed by contemporary Statesmen to George, Earl of Aberdeen, 1681-84, ed. John Dunn.
Innes, T. Civil and Ecclesiastical History of Scotland, 80-818, ed. George Grub.
Fasti Aberdonenses; Selections from the Records of the University of King's College of Aberdeen, 1494—1854, ed. C. Innes. 1854. Barbour, Johne. The Brus; from a Collation of the Cambridge and Edinburgh Manuscripts, ed. Cosmo Innes. 1856.
Passages from the Diary of Genl. Patrick Gordon, 1635-99, ed. Joseph Robertson. 1859.
The Book of the Thanes of Cawdor, 1236-1742, ed. C. Innes. 1859. Diary of Alexr. Brodie of Brodie, and of his Son, 1651-85, ed. David Laing.
Forbes, D. Account of the Familie of Innes, 1698, ed. C. Innes. 1864. Sculptured Stones of Scotland, ed. John Stuart. 2 vols. folio. 1856-67.
Illustrations of the Topography and Antiquities of Aberdeen and Banff, ed. Robertson. 4 vols.
SPALDING CLUB PUBLICATIONS-continued.
The Book of Deer, ed. with Historical Preface and Notes by John Stuart. 1869.
Notices of the Club, Annual Reports, list of Members and Works published, port. of John Stuart, Secretary. 1871.
The following work has been added:
List of pollable Persons within the Shire of Aberdeen, 1696. 2 vols.
Spelman, Sir H. Glossarium Archaiologicum. Folio. 1664.
SPOTTISWOODE SOCIETY. 12 vols. :
Spottiswoode Miscellany. 2 vols.
Bishop Keith's History of the Affairs of Church and State in Scotland from the Reformation to 1568. 3 vols. 1844-50.
Bishop Sage's Works. 3 vols. 1844-46.
Funeral Sermons, Orations, etc., on Bishop P. Forbes of Aberdeen. I vol. 1845.
Archbishop Spottiswoode's History. 3 vols. 1847-51.
Squier, E. G. Nicaragua: its People, etc. 2 vols. 1852.
Stanley, Dean A. P. History of the Eastern Church. 1864.
History of the Jewish Church: Abraham to the Captivity. 2 vols. 8vo. 1865.
Statutes of the Realm. 13 vols. folio. 1810-28.
Stephens, J. L. Travels in Central America. 2 vols. 1841.
Stillingfleet, Bishop. Origines Britannicae; or, the Antiquities of the British Church, ed. W. Lloyd. 2 vols. 1842.
Stradling, Sir John. Correspondence, ed. J. M. Traherne. 1840.
STRYPE'S WORKS, complete, with a General Index. 27 vols. :
Memorials of Cranmer. 2 vols.
Life of Matthew Parker. 3 vols.
Life of Grindal.
Stubbs, W. The Constitutional History of England in its Origin and Development. 3 vols. 1880.
Select Charters and other Illustrations of English Constitutional History from the Earliest Times to the Reign of Edward VI. 1881.
SURTEES SOCIETY'S PUBLICATIONS from the commencement.
1. Reginaldi Libellus de Admirandis Beati Cuthberti Virtutibus, ed. Dr. Raine.
2. Wills and Inventories, illustrative of the History, Manners, Language, etc., of the Northern Counties, chiefly from the Registry of Durham, ed. Dr. Raine. Vol. 1. 1835.
3. Towneley Mysteries, or Miracle Plays, ed. James Gordon, preface by Joseph Hunter. 1836.
4. Testamenta Eboracensia, illustrative of the History, Manners, etc., of the Province of York, ed. Dr. Raine. Vol. 1. 1300-1428. 1836. 5. Sanctuarium Dunelmense et Beverlacense; or, Registers of the Sanctuaries of Durham and Beverley, ed. Dr. Raine, preface by T. Chevallier. 1837.
6. The Charters of Finchale Priory, ed. Dr. Raine.
7. The Catalogues of the Library of Durham Cathedral from the Conquest to the Dissolution, ed. Dr. Raine, preface by Beriah Botfield.
8. Miscellanea Biographica; the Lives of King Oswin and SS. Cuthbert and Eata, ed. Dr. Raine. 1838.
9. The Three Historians of Durham: Coldingham, Graystanes, and Chambre, with the omissions and mistakes of Walton's edition supplied and corrected, ed. Dr. Raine. 1839.
10. Rituale Ecclesiae Dunelmensis; Latin Ritual of the Ninth Century, with Northumbro-Saxon translation, ed. J. Stevenson. 1840. II. Jordan Fantosme's Anglo-Norman Chronicle of War between. England and Scotland in 1173-74, edited, with translation, notes, etc., by Francisque Michel.
12. The Correspondence, Inventories, etc., of the Priory of Coldingham, ed. Dr. Raine. 1841.
13. Liber Vitae Ecclesiae Dunelmensis, ed. J. Stevenson. 1841. 14. The Correspondence of Robert Bowes of Aske, Esq., Elizabeth's Ambassador to Scotland, ed. J. Stevenson. 1842.
15. A Description of the Monuments, Rites, and Customs of the Church of Durham prior to the Dissolution before the Suppression, ed. Dr. Raine. 1842.
16. Anglo-Saxon and Early English Psalter, ed. J. Stevenson. Vol. 1. 1843.
17. The Correspondence of Matthew Hutton, Archbishop of York, etc., ed. Dr. Raine. 1843.
18. The Accounts of the Bursar of the Monastery of Durham, from 1530 to 1534, ed. Dr. Raine. 1844.
19. Anglo-Saxon and Early English Psalter, ed. J. Stevenson. Vol. 2. 1844.
20. The Life and Miracles of St. Godric of Finchale, by Reginald, ed. J. Stevenson. 1845.
21. Depositions, etc., from the Ecclesiastical Court of Durham, from 1311 to the Reign of Elizabeth, ed. Dr. Raine. 1845.
SURTEES SOCIETY'S PUBLICATIONS-continued.
22. Ecclesiastical Proceedings of Bp. Barnes, ed. Dr. Raine. 1850. 23. The Anglo-Saxon Hymnarium from MSS. of the Eleventh Century, ed. J. Stevenson. 1851.
24. Memoir of Robert Surtees, by George Taylor, ed. Dr. Raine. 1852. 25. Boldon Buke, a Survey of the See of Durham in 1183, ed. W. Greenwell.
26. Wills and Inventories from the Archdeaconry of Richmond, ed. J. Raine. 1853.
27. Pontifical of Egbert, Archbishop of York, 731-767, ed. W.
28. Lindisfarne and Rushworth Gospels: St. Matthew, ed. J. Steven1854.
29. Inventories of the Benedictine Houses of Jarrow and Monk Wearmouth from 1303 to the Dissolution, ed. Dr. Raine. 1854. 30. Testamenta Eboracensia, ed. J. Raine. Vol. 2. 1429-67. 1855. 31. The Bede Roll of John Burnaby, Prior of Durham, ed. Dr. Raine. 1856.
32. Bishop Hatfield's Survey, 1354-82, ed. W. Greenwell. 1856. 33. The Farming Book of Henry Best of Emswell, E.R.Y., ed. C. B. Robinson. 1857.
34. Proceedings of the High Court of Commission for Durham and Northumberland, ed. W. H. D. Longstaffe. 1857.
35. Fabric Rolls of York Minster, ed. J. Raine. 1858. 36. Dugdale's Visitation of Yorke, ed. R. Davies. 1665.
37. Miscellanea: Letters of Dean Granville, Extracts from the Rokeby Correspondence, etc., ed. G. Ornsby, W. H. D. Longstaffe, and J. Raine. 1858.
38. Wills and Inventories from the Registry at Durham, ed. W. Greenwell. Part 2 (continuation of No. 2). 1860.
39. The Lindisfarne and Rushworth Gospels, Anglo-Saxon and English St. Mark, ed. G. Waring. 1861.
40. Depositions from the Castle of York relating to Offences committed in the Northern Counties in the Seventeenth Century, ed. J. Raine. 1861.
41. Tonge's (Thomas, Norroy King of Arms) Heraldic Visitation of the Northern Counties in 1530, ed. W. H. D. Longstaffe. 1863. 42. Memorials of Fountains Abbey, ed. J. R. Walbran. Vol. 1. 1863. 43. The Lindisfarne and Rushworth Gospels: St. Luke, ed. G. Waring.
44. The Priory of Hexham, its Chronicles, Endowments, and Annals, ed. J. Raine. Vol. 1. 1865.
45. Testamenta Eboracensia; a Selection of Wills from the Registry of York, Vol. 3, 1467-85, ed. J. Raine. 1864.
46. Priory of Hexham, ed. J. Raine. Vol. 2.
47. Remains of Dean Granville, ed. G. Ornsby. Vol. 2. 1865. [Vol. 1 is contained in No. 37.]
48. Lindisfarne and Rushworth Gospels: St. John, ed. G. Waring. 1865.